Parent Empowerment Programs
Parent empowerment is a significant component of childcare. Parents should be empowered to build good communication, offer the required support and information to their children, gain knowledge and have an open mind to work in partnership with their kids to help them overcome obstacles and achieve success in life. Besides, parents should be equipped with the knowledge and skills to handle the needs of children with disabilities and other mental health challenges.
A few of the topics are listed below; to gain access to more topics, please visit our Downloads (link to download page) section.
Academics and your child
Being a good parent
Being a role model
Cross checking children
Discussing with your children
Empowering the Child
Expressing your love for your child
Growing up with the child
Listening to your children
Making your child feel special
Parenting a teenager
Right and wrong parenting
Right and wrong touch
Sharing culture and spiritual bonds
Understanding yourself and your child
Using praise and appreciation effectively
Only when parents play an active role in their child’s education and other school activities, the academic achievement of the child improves, and he or she feels confident and self-motivated. By means of appropriate parent empowerment programs, it is possible to make parents give their 100% in helping a child reach his or her full potential.
Parent empowerment also includes removing the barriers in parent-teacher relationships and parent-child relationships.
Benefits of parent empowerment programs for schools
- A good rapport is created between the school community and parents.
- Parents play an active part in the child’s education, which ultimately leads to the success of the school.
- Removes barriers in parent-teacher relationships
- Empowerment programs enable parents to understand the school processes better and cooperate easily.
- Parents consider the school to be reliable and accountable.
- Students get the much needed support from their parents which means they do well in studies.
- It is one of the best ways to involve parents in school / student activities.
- It’s a source of personal development and growth for parents.
At School Psychology India, we have specialist trainers with us who can conduct excellent Parent Empowerment Programs at your school. To benefit from these programs and discuss the possibilities, call us NOW!
Call us or Whats app us at 0091 97 86 89 0008 to discuss about faculty empowerment workshops.
Visit our Downloads page to download more information on how the programs will be conducted and for a parent workshop topic list.